CHICAGO (CBS) – At least four people are dead and 14 others are wounded following weekend shootings in the city as of Saturday. At least two under the age of 18 were killed and two more were injured.
The first shooting of the weekend happened on the 4300 block of West Adams in West Garfield Park.
Police said around 6:50 p.m. Friday, a 16-year-old girl was inside a residence when she suffered a gunshot wound to the head. The victim was transported to Mount Sinai Hospital and initially reported in critical condition. A person of interest was taken to the area for questioning.
A 17-year-old boy was shot while on the sidewalk in the Englewood neighborhood Friday night.
In other shootings from 5 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday:
· At 12:08 Saturday, A 22-year-old woman was involved in a traffic crash with a black sedan on the 4400 block of West Madison Street when shots were fired. The victim was self-transported to Mount Sinai Hospital in good condition with a gunshot wound to the left leg.
· At 1:21 a.m. Saturday. A 29-year-old man was walking on the sidewalk in the 800 block of East 79th Street when an occupant in a black SUV fired shots. The victim was transported to the University of Chicago Hospital by the CFD in critical condition with gunshot wounds to the neck and buttocks.
· At 2:05 a.m. Saturday, A 33-year-old man was standing in a park on the 5400 block of West Ferdinand when an unknown male offender approached on foot and fired shots. The victim was transported to Loyola Hospital by the CFD in fair condition with gunshot wounds to the left arm. There is an offender in custody.
· At 2:18 a.m. Saturday, A 17-year-old boy was walking on the sidewalk 4100 block of West Fifth Avenue when an occupant in a silver sedan fired shots. The victim was dropped off at Mount Sinai Hospital in fair condition with a gunshot wound to the left leg.
· At 6 a.m., Saturday, in the 4000 block of West Arthington, A 42-year-old man was outside when he heard shots and then felt pain. The victim self-transported to Mount Sinai Hospital with two gunshot wounds to the right side of his ribs and one gunshot wound to his right thigh in serious condition.
This is a developing story.